Saturday, January 3, 2009

The living dead.

That's what we all look like in this house right now. It all started New Year's Eve. The day started out nice...did some shopping, picked up takeout from one of my favorite restaurants, Sipz, and then we all went to the park for a picnic. Once we got there, Lola ate a little and then said she wanted to go home. She then proceeded to laydown on the park bench until we were all ready to go. Now, if you know Lola at all, you're thinking this is completely out of character. My kid does not stop talking or running unless she is asleep. Sure enough, soon after coming home, she began throwing up. Must have caught the stomach bug that Elise had a few days earlier.
We really don't care much for New Year's eve festivities and never go out, even if a babysitter plops right into our laps. But I do insist on cooking a really good dinner and we open a bottle of good champagne. This year no one was into even doing that, so we held up our eyelids with toothpicks and attempted to make it to midnight, awake.
The next day, Dan came down with the bug, but fared pretty well, didn't even throw up. Yesterday, we decided to drive up to Julian, even though we knew the snow would be gone because it was the first time in a few days that we all felt ok. I felt weirdly tired and achy, but didn't think much of it. By the time we got home around 4 pm, I started throwing up something fierce and didn't stop, (at least once or twice an hour) until 2 am. Dan took care of the girls for me and got them to bed. I couldn't get up to save my life and kept thinking that if it continues, I will need to go to urgent care. But I finally fell asleep and woke up feeling a tiny bit better this morning so I had some veggie broth. It was very refreshing. Now, it's noon-ish and I'm thinking I will even take a shower today. I hate stomach bugs. They make you feel like death is at your doorstep, but at least they are mostly brief. If someone had told me yesterday evening that I'd be blogging at noon the next day, I wouldn't have believed them.

So, I also have some great pictures to post and write about, but my laptop took a dive, most likely permanently, I'm afraid. Dan ordered me a new laptop, but it will be a while before it gets here. I really liked my Mac, but I got the steal of a lifetime and had bought it used off a friend for $200. I can't imagine I will ever find a deal like that again. If I tried to buy a new mac, I would have paid $1,000 more than what the dell cost. There is just no way to justify that one!

Anyway, I will attempt to upload my recent photos to my pc and try to salvage some of these potential blogs...wish me luck!

No comments: