Thursday, July 17, 2008

Beach Day!


Today was a beach day...it was supposed to be yesterday, but I ended up working on some loose ends that really needed to get tied up. I was getting so much done that I didn't stop until it was too late to go. Lola had a martial arts class at 5:30 and there was no way it would have been worth it to try to go and come back in time. So I promised we could go today instead.

I have a low, low tolerance for the beach. I know I should love it, but I just don't. It's not that it's not fun, it's the hassle. And the sand. Oh, how I don't like the sand everywhere.
Elise is at a tough age right now...she wanted to just run headfirst into the waves and got pissed off everytime I would try to hold her hand or hold her body when the waves would crash in. It didn't help that the lifeguards kept warning us about the rip current every few minutes. I felt like I didn't have enough eyes and hands while we were in the water. I finally convinced the kids that ice cream at home was way more appealing than the beach.
We're planning to go again for a friend's get-together on Saturday too, but this time Dan will be with me and I think the beach we're going to will probably have calmer waters than this today.


Elise the Daredevil

No comments: