Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Idaho trip, part deux

Tomorrow we begin the second leg of our trip...we are driving south and we are told it's a beautiful drive, albeit somewhat dangerous in parts. I have soooo much to blog about this trip, but I really wanted to do it with the related photos, so, as a result, I've been mum about the whole thing. I forgot my camera cord so no photos until we get back.
In short, we got here, then spent 3 days visiting the resort (of which we are proud owners of a waterfront lot that is totally undeveloped because the economy bombed on us) and stayed in a lovely little condo. Next up, camping in the mountains. We had campers to sleep in so it wasn't so "roughin' it"....running water, etc...The folks we camped with do it every weekend and they do it BIG. They busted out the karaoke machine once the young'uns were asleep, tummies filled with s'mores, then things got really interesting!
More fun days followed...picnicking, strawberry-picking, visiting family, etc. The kids are in heaven because there is, no joke, a trampoline in every other yard here, plus the grammas and aunties are all slipping them popsicles and gummi bears. I'm trying hard to just look the other way, while I cringe inwardly.

more after our long drive tomorrow....!

1 comment:

Jessa said...

Reeeelaaaax! Your chicas are going to get muy spoiled when they see us. By that I mean slurpies and churros!!!

Kidding!

Matt and I are looking to explore that part of America when we move to Washington next year.

Yup! You got the inside scoop on your blog!

See you soon!!!