Thursday, August 21, 2008

Single Mom

I'm a single mom today and tomorrow while Dan is off on biz in S.F. He comes back tomorrow, but Lola was soooo upset about him leaving that I decided to pack the days up with as much activity as possible, therefore, hoping to alleviate the meltdowns.

Today, we went to a playgroup that I have not been to, at least consistently, in months. It was my very first playgroup EVER and I really do love it. I remember when Lola was little and I started going, I felt "not alone" for the first time in a long time. Especially, that I was pregnant with E and planning a homebirth...the list goes on.

That was a couple of years ago. Fast forward to today and there were so many new faces and I realized I was the one that was "new"! It was fun, though and we even bumped into a local homeschooling group consisting of very cool mamas that I hope to get to know better in the next year.

Lola mooching all the lovely strawberries from said homeschooling group. I promise I'll make it up to you all.



Elise, after I finally lured her away from the strawberries with our own, very boring, peanut butter/jelly sandwich. She looks very disapointed.

No comments: