Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kindergarten....

I went to the Open House for Lola's new school, where she will start Kindergarten next week. It's absolutely amazing to me that my little baby is old enough and big enough and independent enough to be at this stage of her life. Trust me, if this hasn't already happened to you, you will also trip out when it's your turn!
I'm very confident in the school that we've picked. So far, it's the school I've been searching for since Lola was a baby. Being their first year open, I'm sure there'll be some learning curves and some challenges, but I believe in their teaching philosophy and their enthusiasm so much, that I'm willing to rough it out and help whereever I can. When Lola was a baby, a school like this didn't even exist yet, but so fortunately for me, it will open it's doors next week, just in time for Lola to start kindergarten. She'll only go 3 days a week so not much different than her preschool schedule...but that makes me really happy. Kindergarten isn't going to be this enormous change where she is in school 5 days a week, all day long. I just don't think she'd dig that too much. But, who knows, maybe she'll love it so much, she'll beg to go everyday? I'll deal with that if the situation arises. But for right now, I'm thrilled.

No comments: