Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

I'm 35 years old today. Dan's got some kind of shenanigans planned for me tonight, but I don't know what. I'm going to try to be prepared and clean the house today. One year, he threw me a surprise party at the house, but it was filthy and I was a tiny bit embarrassed.
Only a tiny bit, because, after all, it was my party!

Yesterday, I went to the dentist for the first time in many years. I'm too embarrassed to say how long it's been, but suffice to say the number is in the double digits.
I was sure there were going to be all kinds of issues, but the exam didn't turn up anything new, except one little cavity. There's all kinds of issues in my mouth, mind you, but these were existing problems that had previously been worked on and need to be redone. My main issue is getting my gums healthy again, then redoing some old cracked fillings. Fun stuff!
I actually feel so much better now, like a big weight is lifted. I avoided the dentist for so long, thinking there was just a huge mess in there and to find out that it's really not that bad is such a relief.

:)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, can't wait to hear about your surprise.

Jen said...

Happy Birthday (belated) Luci!! I didn't know today!

Elaine said...

OK, so I'm WAAAAY late on this, but happy happy birthday to the hottest-just-turned-35-year-old I know!

Luci said...

ha! thank you for the warm wishes!
clearly, though, I'm the only just turned-35-year-old you know! :)