Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Oh, the elusive tasty vegan sausage....


I tried making vegan sausages once...I had a recipe that people raved about, but for some reason, I didn't find them particularly appealing at all. Just like eating a bunch of bland, steamed dough. MMM? Me thinks not.

I decided to give them another try, using a different recipe. I had heard about vegan dad's blog and that he had lots of recipes there. This is my new favorite blog...every picture on his blog looks positively mouth-watering. I made these ones last night and can I just say, "amen!"! They are fantastic! Even my oh-so-carniverous husband is sure to tickled in the gastro zones.

Not only are they delicious, but they also use beans in the recipe, which makes me very happy. The other recipe I tried had only wheat gluten and flour...I didn't feel like I was getting much nutrients out of it. Now, I have some of my own ideas and I'll be creating a recipe soon, which I'll post.

I have no idea how I'll prepare these yummies for dinner tonight...on a pizza???? In spaghetti? In a bun with yummy marinara sauce and peppers? The possiblities are endless. Any ideas???



No comments: