Thursday, June 5, 2008

My Man Rocks.


Dan threw me a surprise party at a nearby Mexican restaurant that we've been frequenting for many years now. We had a whole banquet/party room to ourselves, which was really nice because the kids got to run around and wreak havoc, pretty much unnoticed. They couldn't believe their good fortune!
That was really cool of Dan to throw this little party for me, especially considering my real birthday present is our weekend that we are spending downtown with the kids.
Ummmm....so after the restaurant party, a few of us reconvened at my house and, well, we broke into the Wii American Idol game. We sang with such gusto, I can't believe the kids slept through our screeching and hollering. But then again, they didn't go to bed until almost 11 pm and that is waaaay late for them.
Speaking of waaaaay late, we also didn't wrap the party up until at least after 1 am. We had so much fun, though, it was way worth it. Even though I was seriously dragging butt this morning.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!

Jill

Jessa said...

Oh Heavens!
We missed Hootie, George Michael and Creed?

Thank god we live overseas!

Jessa said...

Oh...and Dan is looking more and more like his mom. His Mexican/Native American heritage is really starting to show. I don't know how he feels about that, but I thought I'd mention it. He really looks like his mom in this photo and his mom always looked, umm....the most Native American/Mexican out of the whole eight siblings!

Jess