Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pear Picking in Julian

We had a great day visiting Apple Starr Orchard in Julian today. We went for apples, but we were a bit too early so we picked pears instead...red bartlett, green bartlett and bosc. They are a cute little certified organic orchard that just happens to be on the same road as a couple of wineries, so, of course, we had to check those out as well. One of the wineries proved to be pretty good and we bought a few bottles from them. We will definitely go back to Apple Starr in a couple of weeks to get some apples. I still don't know what I'm going to do with all these pears, but I'll figure out some good recipes, I'm sure. They are delicious!

Oh, and there were a ton of great photo opportunites, but unfortunately, my camera seems to be broken. *snifff*

No comments: