Friday, December 14, 2007

Everyone has a job to do...

On the way home from playgroup today, Lola and I talked about how Daddy goes to work everyday. She said, "everyone has a job". This is true, I agreed. "Your job is to be a little girl and to have fun", I said. She agreed. She then tells me that my job is to wash dishes and clean!
Hrrmph!
"But", I point out to her, "I also teach you how to bake cookies!"
"Yes. And Daddy helps me make scrambled eggs!"

Later on this afternoon I was cooking dinner in the kitchen. She got up on a stool to watch. She then said that one day she would like to be a "good maker" like me!
Ha! How precious! She says the most endearing things sometimes. Totally makes me want to just hug her and hold onto that moment forever.

1 comment:

Jen said...

That is so sweet! Ben tells me that my job is to do laundry... I must be doing it a lot...