Sunday, December 16, 2007

kid stuff...

This is probably strange to post, but back in October, I sent in photos of both my girls to a modeling agency. Lola's photos were returned with a letter saying they were not looking for her "look" at the moment and to try again later. I felt totally dumb doing it in the first place after that. Like I need someone to say whether my girls are special or not (although I realize they were not judging her "special-ness"), it just kinda felt weird.
Anyway, they never sent Elise's photos back and I never heard back from them regarding her until today. I got an email that are interested in Elise's pictures and could I please send them more?
Hmmmm. Ok, I did respond and send them more photos....
My BFF modeled at a young age and feels like it was a totally positive experience, yet inwardly I struggle with this. I guess I didn't feel too strongly, otherwise, I probably wouldn't have submitted their photos in the first place. Anyway, this whole thing may be absolutely nothing so I'll try not to get my chonies in a bunch.

2 comments:

Jen said...

my mom works for a modeling agency... I wonder if you sent them to hers... we took ben and hannah on some shoots but got nothing...good luck!!

Jessa said...

I think given my experience was in Japan an only as an adolescent added to my cultural experiences as well as building self esteem, confidence in performing in front of a crowd and was simply a lot of fun! Would I allow my daughter to model at the age of 13? That's another story!
Good luck with it:)