Thursday, December 6, 2007

Ornaments and other fun stuff...



This picture probably is the most representative of what's on the tree right now, although I hope to add a popcorn & cranberry garland there sometime in the near future...there are the pinecones that we collected from our midwife's house, the reindeer that we made from ribbon and popsicle sticks, the glittery balls that we made from crafty-type stuff and the little gingerbread guys that I made from leftover foam paper from Lola's first school project. These little stinking gingerbread men are really how this whole project was born in the first place. We had to make a project for Lola's class...we had to do this poster board thingy and show pictures of Lola's heritage for history week at her school. I bought foam paper in red, white and green so I could make flags for Canada and Mexico. I had so much paper left over and the colors seems appropriate enough...waste not, want not! Ha!!! 3 days later, I finally had all my little "projects" done because I went overboard yet again. Of course the ornaments will be saved for years to come, but still I don't relish taking on a task that size for a while....it was more work than I anticipated! But fun, it really was. And watching Lola drink in the finished project was fun too!

Dan, on the other hand, was somewhat disapointed....For someone who grew up in a very conservative environment and Christmas was not celebrated in his household, he sure has taken it to a whole new level in ours!!!! Our front yard is seriously obnoxious!!!! But I know a lot of it is the fact that he is living out his childhood "christmas" through our girls, so I'm just letting him do his thing. Lola is at the age where she's appreciating it so I think that's why it's suddenly bursting out in him. I can't blame him at all.

But, with regards to the xmas tree, he was hoping to see huge blinking, multi-colored lights with neon and glitter everywhere. Kinda like our front yard. I hoped to appease him by tying bows to random empty branches, but I doubt that was really the "pizzaz" he was looking for.

3 comments:

veganmomma said...

I thought your tree looked grand!

Jessa said...

Love that reindeer! It's outside the box that you didn't use a candy cane and put pipe cleaner ears and a red plush nose and googly eyes. Really...outside the box:) Our ornament should arrive soon. I hope it makes it in time!

Oh...could you cross the street and take a photo of your entire front yard for us readers? Pretty please with all natural brown sugar crystals on top?

Jen said...

Hey Luci! I'm totally driving by your house soon to see how obnoxious it really is... I'm glad to have found your blog! Come and visit me!