Thursday, March 27, 2008

Catching up...

I'm just posting because it's been so long, but I don't feel like I have that much to say, really. Sorry! I'm lame.
I've been really busy trying to take care of a bunch of loose ends here at home so I was really stressed out yesterday. My friend was so kind and took Lola to the beach to play with her daughter and some other friends. That helped a lot! I've procrastinated on some stuff and now it's just gotta get done and off my mind, you know?
Anyhoooo....I did make a remarkable discovery tonight. After scrapping my dinner at the last minute for yuckiness, I looked around in the cupboards for something else to pull together. Well, I had bought these little pouches from Trader Joe's that looked interesting. One was an Indian chickpea dinner and the other was a pouch of precooked wild rice. Per instructions, I set both pouches in boiling water for 5 minutes and PRESTO!!! Instant dinner! It was really good too, I'm shocked. I don't know how they do it, really, because there was nothing but whole food ingredients on both packages. I had the punjab choley with rice. It was so insanely spicy, I could only eat about half. I had to stop since I literally could feel my throat burn! GOOD STUFF!

1 comment:

julia said...

that kind of food is perfect for camping, FYI. we take the little pouches on every trip!