Friday, March 21, 2008

L.A.

We had a fun but exhausting trip to L.A. and we are finally home! I only say "finally" because we left our friend's house in Northridge at 3:30 pm this afternoon and we just got home maybe an hour ago. Crazy long ride home with tons of traffic and tons of Elise screaming.
Otherwise, it was a good trip. Lola had an interview on Thursday with a child modeling agency and they really liked her. Afterwards, we went to eat at a surfer kinda burrito place in Huntington Beach called "The Secret Spot". It was super non-descript and casual, but I picked that cafe for it's large focus on vegetarian/vegan type stuff. I had looked up different restaurant options before we left and even mapquested the directions!
But even with all that planning ahead of time, I still feel like we ate nothing but bean burritos, pretzels, z-bars, fruit leathers and brown rice chips. Not terrible for an "on the road" diet, but not exactly prime either. I think the only veggies I ate were in my bean burrito from The Secret Spot!
Dan had a golf tournament the next day (this morning) so the girls and I kicked about town for a while, then went to our friend's house to visit. We woke up early so I carried Elise on my back and Lola and I went down the street to get some coffee. On the way back to the hotel, we saw a cool place to get breakfast so we ate a nice meal...
We visited a huge Indian "sweet and spice" store and picked up some interesting stuff that I can't wait to try out.
We got to our friend's house by late morning and hung out until Dan was done with the tournament. We left right away but I'm still shocked at how much traffic we encountoured!
Back to our regular stuff tomorrow. Veggies. I'm actually craving veggies. I don't want to see another fruit leather for a long time.

No comments: