Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Is it weird to take photos of your baked goods?



I'm thinking yes, yes it is. For me, anyway, because it's not like I have any special photo-taking talents. And I'd like to say that this photo is just an exception since they are Lola's special birthday muffins for her class tomorrow, but I'd be lying. I'm sure I will continue to post plenty of photos of mundane, everyday breads and muffins.

Birthday muffins, you ask? Why yes! Lola requested pumpkin chocolate chip muffins (with icing, but we compromised with India Tree colored sugar sprinkles) to bring to school and share with her class. Lola will be 5 tomorrow, I just can't believe it.

Anyway, I finally wrote down the pumpkin bread recipe, per the request of a couple of playgroup mamas and then tweaked it for these muffins. They are still vegan, but much more of a "treat" then the bread. With the addition of chocolate chips and the sugar sprinkles (oh and a cup of sugar!), they are much sweeter than what I usually bake. But, holy cow, are they delicious!! In my very humble opinion, you'd never really guess that they are whole wheat, vegan and not all that terrible for you. Don't get me wrong, not a health food, by any stretch!

I think I might make these for Lola's bday party, in lieu of a real cake....

4 comments:

veganmomma said...

Mmm,lola has good taste, pumpkin chocolate chip are my favorite muffins!

Jessa said...

Uncle Matt would shove one up your nose.
Aunt Jessica would just eat three for herself...

Happy Birthday Lola! Feliz Cumpleanos y Tanjyobi Omedeto!!!

erika_deanne said...

Those look delicious :)

Lisa said...

Can I just tell you that I am still thinking about your pumpkin chocolate chip with cream cheese frosting b-day cake. I never would have guessed it was vegan, not that vegan food tastes bad, you know what I mean. It was DELICIOUS!! Thank you!