Wednesday, October 15, 2008

mmm! looky what came out of the oven today!


So, I've been super anti-social this week because I'm trying to wrap up this lingering home projects (that I started in the summer and never finished) before my dad gets here on Saturday. And it's not like he's going to care one iota if the office is finished or that my front closet is organized, I just like to use important dates, like his arrival, as deadlines. Seriously, if I didn't, NOTHING would ever get done in this house.
My poor, mistreated children are beginning to show the effects of being homebound for 3 days. You'd think that Lola been literally locked in an attic for years...she's so dramatic! I made sure we baked our pumpkin bread after school, as promised, and they played outside for a long time, but when Dan came home and asked about her day, she made a big fuss about how she did absolutely nothing today!

Anyway, this vegan pumpkin bread was the fruit of our labors and it's really tasty. Sometimes vegan baking can be tricky, but this one is really moist. I didn't follow a recipe, just threw ingredients together until I got the texture of the dough that I was looking for. I bought sugar pumpkins from Trader Joe's and baked them for the pumpkin "meat" in this recipe, which usually I used canned pumpkin. The fresh pumpkin is good and not at all difficult to do. I used stevia to sweeten the bread, since we're trying to cut back on sugar. There's plenty, so I'm sure I'll be bringing it along to the next playgroup for sharing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope that means you'll have some tomorrow!! Can't wait to see you guys!