Friday, October 10, 2008

A New Fave!

I love when I find a new great place to eat! Today, after visiting the aquarium with the girls, I had hoped to finally try out the very much raved about Sipz with another mama friend of mine. But, by the time we finished the aquarium, it was noon and I knew that Elise would never stay awake long enough to drive over to the restaurant. I called my friend and told her I thought we'd just drive through La Salsa or something instead so I wouldn't have to get Elise out of the car. Lola was extremely disapointed at the change of plans and made it loud and clear to me. I made her a deal that if Elise was asleep by the time we reached the exit on the freeway, then we would just keep driving home. If she was awake, then we'd go ahead and go to the restaurant. I was soooo confident that Elise was going to pass out instantly, I wasn't worried at all. Well, what do you know? Elise was awake & showed no sign of passing out anytime soon. Even still, I tried to talk Lola into just ordering and bringing the food home, but she wasn't having it. We had to eat IN the restaurant!
Well, I'm sure glad we did because it was fabulous! Delicious, every bite. I had a vietnamese noodle soup with soy "chicken" and potstickers. Now, I have no idea what is in that "chicken" and I'm not sure I want to know (well, I do actually because I'd love to find out how to reproduce it in my own kitchen!), but holy shit, it was heaven in a bite. I can't stop thinking about it! I had to actually resist braving rush hour traffic on a Friday to pick up a bunch of different entrees for dinner tonight. But I'm sure going to do exactly that tomorrow!

No comments: