Saturday, December 13, 2008

Another 4 am blog post...

I haven't been up like this in the middle of the night for a long time. There was a time, not too long ago, when Elise woke up at this time of day quite frequently. But she's been sleeping through the night very nicely for a couple of months now.
Until tonight.
Don't know what happened and why she does this. All I know is that it's annoying as hell, but it could be worse and it could be happening during the week when I have no help the next day. But it's Saturday and I know I'll be able to make up my sleep later on. She's been up for an hour now and shows no sign of even being tired. I've been trying to get her sleepy but she's fighting me tooth and nail.
We hooked up with a newly pregnant friend tonight and drove through the Holiday of Lights at the fairgrounds. It was at least 8:30 before we ended up driving through the festive light displays and, Lola, the reason why we were even doing this, had already completely passed out in her car seat. We tried in vain to wake her up for the lights. Elise fell asleep soon after and we were stuck. It was a pricey outing at $14 per car! The kids would have liked it, I'm sure, but I won't be doing that again anytime soon.

No comments: