Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Rainy Day





Monday morning, we woke up to rain. I was actually happy about it. My dad had just arrived late the previous afternoon, so it seemed like the perfect excuse to not be terribly busy (ok, in truth, we stayed in our p.j.'s till at least noon!).

The kids begged to go play outside in the rain. I tried opening up the back door for them, but the wind was blowing the raindrops really hard and RIGHT inside the doorway, pelting poor Elise in the face. Well, she didn't think this was turning out to be such a good idea after that. Outside in the front, though, it was mellow(er), so they played out there. This lasted until I finally noticed the constant water and mud that they were dragging in, then I quickly reached my threshold. They had bored of being soaked by then anyway. Any excuse for hot chocolate, I tell ya.

Elise never really got the hang of carrying the umbrella OVER her head as you can see. It's just this accessory that she drags along....Lola finally felt sorry for her and held her umbrella up for both of them.

No comments: