Saturday, December 6, 2008

San Juan Capistrano!









Today, Lola and I took the train to San Juan Capistrano all by ourselves. I was a little nervous because I don't do a whole lot a trips by myself...I tend to depend on Dan a lot, I admit. But I really wanted alone time with my first child since I never seem to get that anymore. She is blossoming so much and I feel like I'm totally missing it sometimes. Especially, during the holidays....November was kind of a lot of work because of all the houseguests and family functions that we had going on.
We had a great day today and I'm really glad we went. Lola was so happy all day, with nary a tear or spot of attitude all day. And, without a toddler screaming, running away and throwing one tantrum after another....well, it wasn't nearly stressful at all and I kinda needed that too. Elise is extremely awesome, don't get me wrong, but she's also 2 and not the most reasonable human being right now.
We went to the petting zoo for a while, where Lola got to feed some guinea pigs and rabbits. Then she took a ride on a pony for a couple of laps. There was a playground there too and she played with some kids on the slide and swings. Afterwards, we went shopping at the antique stores and gift shops. She picked out a few ornaments for our xmas tree. Apparently, today was a good day to be in SJC because there was a tree-lighting ceremony this evening and a whole party, complete with Santa Claus and all that stuff. We didn't get to stay for all that. Had I known about it, I probably would have arranged our trip differently, but I didn't want to be in a town I don't know very well when it was dark out. It seems like a pretty safe place, though. I'm just a bit of a worry wart, I guess.
I really would love to do this trip again soon. Oh, and the upgrade to business class on the Amtrak...totally worth it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear that you had a great time. It sounds so fun. We want to go next time. :)

Luci said...

There will definitely be a next time and we'd love for you to join us. I'd actually really like to do this trip a few times a year, if possible.

Elaine said...

I'm always amazed at how much fun I have when it's just Lily and me. She's suddenly so full of new ideas and knowledge and hanging out with just her can be indescribably cool. Really looks like you had a blast!

Jen said...

Looks like a fun day! I'm needing some 1:1 time with each of my kids...what to do...