Saturday, April 5, 2008

Our first attempt at gardening...


Lola and I planted some seeds in our little garden. I'm a total novice at this and the task has always seemed too overwhelming to me. I've always lived in apartments or condos before this house and even when we moved here, I didn't really think our backyard had gardening potential. There is a little garden area off in the side yard. You can see evidence of a garden there from a previous owner. There were little plastic markers still there...apparently, there were tomatoes, peppers and lettuce there at one time.
We planted mostly herbs, some carrots, a few tomatoes and some pumpkins. We'll see what happens!

Lola helped me and she is really so excited to see what grows. We check on it everyday. She was REALLY hoping that she'd be eating our carrots by now! How cute!

1 comment:

Jessa said...

It really blows my mind to watch kids grow up. Lola looks like a totally different person than she did when we saw her last! She's gorgeous and has LOTS of our Nunez genes! She actually looks Mexican and/or Native American more than most of Dan and my cousins!

She's really turning into a beautiful little girl, Luci. sniff!