Wednesday, April 9, 2008

SLEEP.

Oh how I miss it. So why am I here at 10:30 pm when I could be asleep? Because this is the only free time I get, so I insist on taking full advantage of it. Sometimes, it means I just put pj's on, wash my face and go to bed. Sometimes it means I hang out on the computer for a bit.
Anyway...what I really want to talk about is my lack of sleep. The fact that Elise kept me up from at least 2:50 a.m. to about 6:15 a.m. last night. And how pissy I am about the whole thing. I mean, c'mon!!!! I nursed for about 2 hours straight, before I finally couldn't handle another minute and stuck her in the Ergo, kicking and screaming. I blasted some music and she fell asleep quickly, only to wake up again 10 minutes later, wanting to nurse....AGAIN!!!!
I really feel like some change has to happen. This weekend has been dedicated to getting the girls' bedroom painted and somehow decorated so that it's exciting to them. Ideally, I'd love to put them down in that room instead of with us. I love cosleeping, I really do...but....I've been doing it since October 2003 and I'm kinda getting over it. In a nice and loving way. Of course.

No comments: