Sunday, April 20, 2008

Room makeover updates




Here's the before and after for the old playroom. We decided to make the upstairs loft area the playroom, therefore, freeing up a bedroom downstairs for guests. Previously, we made our guests shlep it upstairs on a pull-out couch in an otherwise completely bare room with nary a window covering. It sucked. Plus the temperature up there is at least +/- 10 degrees from the rest of the house. Meaning, if it's 75 in the house, it's 85 up there. So, I can't imagine our guests were very comfortable on a crappy pull-out mattress in extreme temperatures!


When we first opened the paint cans for our new guest room, I about had a heart attack. The color is really that bright! I mixed in a bunch of white and that mellowed it out some, but you can see from the photos that it is still obnoxious. Surprisingly, though, once we got the blinds and furniture in there, it really started to come together and now I wouldn't change a thing. PLUS, the new duvet cover and pillow shams were organic and affordable. I feel I can't ask for more than that!


No comments: