Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Well, my freedom was shortlived....

Just as I thought Elise was down for the night, I crept my tired bones into bed at 10 pm, which is precisely when she woke up. I couldn't get her back asleep until after midnight sometime.
Then she slept pretty solid...only waking up once or twice to nurse.
That is, until about 6:30 am, when Lola stormed into the room like gangbusters and woke us right out of our fitful sleep.
I was pretty drowsy and slow-moving this morning, but I made myself run at the lake and now I feel pretty energetic. I'll probably hit a wall here pretty soon. We're going to a padre game tonight so I doubt there'll be an early bedtime for me. Maybe I can sneak a nap in somewhere....

On the plus side, Elise looks much better today and isn't warm anymore. She is pretty cheerful and smiley.

2 comments:

Jessa said...

How did you get back into running? Did you have to ease into it or did you jump right back?

Just curious! I've never been able to run, even when I was thinner so I'm always amazed at people who do it.

Keep it up!

Jess

Luci said...

i definitely had to ease back into it! i was hopelessly out of shape, it was ridiculous. i started walking, pushing the stroller...it's funny because i didn't plan to get back into it, my feet just started doing it one day!