Saturday, May 24, 2008

Finally, on the mend!

My lip has finally started to look like it's getting better. I won't post the photos from yesterday or the day before....eeesh! They look pretty gruesome. But today there was finally some decrease in swelling and I managed to wrestle off some of the scab (I know that's bad), which so engulfed the entire area that you couldn't even see the stitches anymore. It was soooo gross.
Today was my first time out in the real world....we went for a run at the lake. We stopped at a park, where a little boy asked me what the big owie on my lip was. I told him what happened and his mom was standing close by, listening. I'm so paranoid that people are thinking "oh poor girl, probably got slugged by her husband", that I want to wear a big sign on me saying, "it was a softball, OK?????? And, no, it's not herpes!!!!".
Haha!

Tonight, we are babysitting my BIL's little baby boy (our nephew), who is 6 weeks old, while his mommy and daddy go catch a movie. It was a little hairy for a while when our 2 kids needed to go to bed, but Cecil was really fussy and crying a lot. At one point, I was down on the floor, nursing Elise and giving Cecil his bottle at the same time. All the kids are asleep now....
Ommmmmmmmmm!

3 comments:

veganmomma said...

Hey, it is looking better and I too was worried that people were going to give Dan the stink eye, or better yet that the ER might have a social work talk to you or something (have heard of this happening). You look like you are healing well but stop picking at that scab!!! you know that will make it scar more right!?
And wow, i can't believe you volunteered to babysit a 6 week old! Very nice of you though as I think that is about the time you start getting itchy to do something other than sit on the couch.

Luci said...

I was a little nervous about babysitting him. He cried a bunch and they only left me with 4 oz of b/m, which turned out to be just barely enough! But in the end, he fell asleep by Dan holding him and bouncing him!

Jessa said...

Message from Matt:

That's not softball, that's a dirty botox injection. Next time, don't go to TJ.