Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm FINE, really!

Tonight we went to play softball with some friends, but there wasn't really space to get a real game going so we just kinda tossed the ball to each other. We decided it would be fun to bat a little also, so I pitched a few balls to my friend. She made contact with that ball and, holy shit, I barely even saw it coming! I think I had some kind of thought process in my head before it hit me in the face, but not enough time to react!
I remember my reaction was something right out of the movies. Very dramatic! I covered my face up with my hands, fell to my knees, then looked down at my hands to see the blood on them.
I felt one by one for all my teeth and thank god, they were all there! It didn't really hurt and I remember even chuckling a little (because, really, it was pretty funny if you think about it!).
When I showed the people around me, I got a lot "Oh shit, yah, that's gonna need stitches". My heart sank a little because I really don't like stitches, but oh well. We got over to the E.R. and I was totally done in about 2 hours. I just sat there on a hospital bed texting and calling people while I waited.

On the plus side, I'm looking a little Angelina Jolie-ish, no??

Just say yes. Humor me.

9 comments:

veganmomma said...

OMG, it looks worse than I expected, but I know you are hardcore! And yes, I totally see the Angelina factor in you, totally.
I will now apologize for the last time! I am sooooo sorry! Next time it is a nerf ball for me, or else I'll just pitch and catch. I'm only going to hit at the batting cages. I am sending you super healing thoughts and let me know if you need anything! I owe you so big right now!

Luci said...

That's funny cuz it actually looks better than I expected. I never saw it pre-stitch, so when I got home and finally looked at it, I thought, "Huh! That's not that bad!". Most of it is the swelling, when that goes down, I think it will make a big difference. There are only 5 stitches on the outside and 4 on the inside, which will dissolve soon.

nch said...

I am so sorry Luci, but I can't stop laughing and it is not that bad.

lao80 said...

You might want to check in with a dentist anyway. Isaac smacked his mouth hard and needed all this stiches. We didn't realize until later that the impact killed the nerve in one tooth. He had to have a root canal done on a baby tooth.

Luci said...

thanks! Coincidentally, I have a dentist appointment Tues next week! what luck! My teeth do feel fine, but it won't hurt to have them checked since I'll be there anyway!

veganmomma said...

Stop laughing Natalie or you are going to be next!

nch said...

I am just going to stand with a glove in front of my face when you get up to bat!

nch said...

Hey Luci, I will make your girls some dresses, just bring me a bottle of wine and play with the kids so I can sew, deal?

Elaine said...

You look HOTT!

And yeah, I'm trying really hard not to giggle. I'm not winning that one.