Saturday, May 17, 2008

A glum day in the Duncan household...

Dan is quite ill today and is too paranoid to be out of 'running to the bathroom' range so we have had a very dull day today. We barely left the house, except to go to Sports Authority, looking for new running kicks. Dan felt the...er....urge...to leave there pretty quickly (not before I purchased my first ever trail running shoes that are so super cute, I want to wear them to bed tonight!).
He's been sleeping most of the day and I've been trying to take care of him and the kids too.
Lola and I got some alone time when Dan and Elise took naps this afternoon. We just went to Target and Jamba Juice, but we stayed a long time and hung out in the hair accessories aisle, just being goofy and trying on different "looks". Lola is total ham. I love it when I get to be alone with her and really focus on her fun qualities.

The evening didn't fare much better here. Dan is grumpy and got frustrated with Lola a lot tonight. There were many tears (Lola too!) and me having to smooth over the little scuffles between them. Then, while changing Elise's diaper, I accidentally dropped a dollop of Dr. Bronner's soap on a beautiful, big, blue EYE. Let me tell you, that stuff stings like an SOB. I felt so bad! She cried a bunch and I kept hugging her and telling her how sorry I was. In the end, a boob fixed it all. I really do appreciate nursing for that reason! Where would I be without that???

Here's to a good night's sleep and, hopefully, a better tomorrow!

No comments: