Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Running Club

Dan and I joined a casual running club that meets up to 6 days a week for runs. We can't make most of the runs since they are way far away and at awkward times of the day. But twice a week, they meet at Balboa Park, so we tried it out for the first time last night.
The club is organized by this guy who started running for the first time when he was in his early 30's. Now he does regular marathons and is approaching 50.
I'm inspired by his story because I feel like at (almost) 35 yrs old, I am in better shape now than I was in my 20's, (even though I was way "thinner" back then...I didn't eat healthfully or work out).
So, we thought we were just going out there to run for 3-4 miles, but we missed the point where the group split up and so, somehow, we ended up running for 5-6 miles. Actually, we walked much of the last 2 miles since the whole thing just kicked our asses really badly. I was really ok up until the uphill canyon trail portion...
The scenery was beautiful though and we're anxious to do it again.

2 comments:

julia said...

wait, this isn't Run With Greg is it? I've been getting their emails for years, but never ever went to anything. I'm too intimidated.

you go girl!

Luci said...

yah! that's the one!