Friday, November 14, 2008

A big day...




Today was a big day for us. Playgroup was only 2 miles from our house so I decided I would put the kids in the bike trailer that doubles as a jog stroller and "run" there. It was way hotter than I thought it would be and, crap, my kids are heavy! But it was fun and I'm glad I did it. The way back home was a little more harried because the stroller handle just completely fell off the stroller and required a mid-trip repair. Luckily, I was going up a steep hill when it happened...not going down, as this stroller has no brakes! yikes. When I finally got the handle back on, I noticed one of the front wheels wobbling very badly and about to fall off. We were only 1/4 mile away and it stayed on until we got home. I'll have Dan fix it before attempting to take it out again.
Elise spend at least 70% of playgroup sitting in the jog stroller. Not sure why, exactly...she just really wanted to be in it. It was nice to not have to chase her down the hill onto the street though! She also wore a dress that was made for her birthday by our good friend urbanhousewife, who is most fabulous with a sewing machine!
I also included a photo of Elise with her little friend...I love it when they connect because it's always so "catch me/chase me" kinda cuteness. So pure and 2 year old-ish.
Oh, in case you're wondering why I didn't take pictures of Lola...she was no where to be found. She was way too busy playing with her friends that she only came by the blanket for the occasional sip of water or bite of snack.

No comments: