Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween!




Our first trick or treaters this year, was a group of teenage-ish boys. They were maybe 13 years old, not quite old enough to shave but a bit too old to be trick or treating for much longer. I was a little worried that they were going to express great disappointment at treat selection, which was basically the leftovers of Lola's pinata stuffing...little halloween toys, mini play-dohs and a few little candies. I was surprised at how excited they were about the play-doh! Actually, our treats went over well for most of the night, especially the play-doh, so I will keep that in mind for next year. We don't get very many trick or treaters so it wouldn't be too hard.

Across the street, the church puts on a big Halloween carnival. They park their cars in the parking lot and decorate them. There were some really cool ones, I wish I would have taken some pictures! Anyway, the trunks of the cars are open with candy or treats inside and the kids can just "trunk or treat" from car to car. We've gone every year, since Lola has been trick or treating. They also have a big jumpy jump and a train ride that Lola looks forward to very much.
I got lucky again this year....the girls each had a piece or two of candy and then forgot about their bags. They are stashed somewhere. Usually, this is the part where I go through it and eat all my favorite candies, but they didn't get really good stuff this year, just a bunch of chocolate. I'm really more a gummy bear/licorice kinda gal...

Lola decided to ditch her plans on being a witch and was a princess (again!) instead. Despite most people thinking Elise was an angel, she was actually a butterfly.

2 comments:

Jessa said...

I thought Elise was in the metamorphic stage (or whatever it's called!) and she was turning caterpillar to moth/butterfly. So technically, i was pretty close.

Glad they had a good Halloween! I can't wait to celebrate in America next year!

Jen said...

I thought of an idea for the small toys and treats that older kids might not like. We get a lot of older kids too... Put them in little paper bags to disguise them and let them open them later! :)