Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Growing up too fast!




Today, we went to the lake with some friends and had a great day. I'm freaking out a bit at how fast the kids are growing up. For example:
1. Just yesterday, Elise named a stuffed animal for the very first time. A dog she named "Woofey".
2. Today, she is swinging on the big kids swing. gulp!
3. We had one of the coldest mornings we've had in a while...I go to help Lola get dressed for school (another story in itself!) and find that NOTHING fits her...her warm clothing from last year is way too small and I am mortified at how unprepared I was! jeez, since when did she stop wearing 4T....how did I not get that memo????
4. To top off her new, upgraded clothing size is her equally astonishing leap into vocabulary. I sometimes feel as though I'm talking to a miniature adult. Awesome!

It's all coming at me so fast!!! Where are the speedbumps when you need them???

No comments: