Monday, November 17, 2008

Snobby Joe's


I had really wanted to try these since seeing them here by Veganmomma. The original recipe is from Veganomicon. I made a couple of small changes...added basil and used red lentils. I also served it spooned over quinoa, instead of on bread. Not quite "sloppy joe" style anymore, I realize that, but I just thought quinoa would go over better in my family then bread. Also, per Lola's request, I sauteed a Smart Dog that I sliced up. Ew. Everyone else had it without that addition and it was delicious!

1 comment:

veganmomma said...

Yay, I'm glad you tried these. I wish Athena would eat them. She'd eat the smart dog any day. She smelled a BBQ this weekend and said, "We should go camping again and bring some tofu pups". She associates camping with those dogs since I try not to buy them very often (otherwise she'll eat them every day).