Friday, February 1, 2008

Anniversary!

On Saturday, 02/02/08, will be our 6 year wedding anniversary. Yep, we were married on 02/02/02. Believe or not, that was totally NOT planned. Well, the wedding was, but I was not trying to do a cutsey thing with the date. I didn't even want to get married in February, but since Dan propose in January 2001 and 2 of his cousins already had weddings planned for summer/fall of 2001, I had to go with early 2002. I didn't want to go way beyond a 1 year engagement so February it was. I was originally going to try to tie it in with some Valentine's Day theme but for whatever reason, that didn't work out so we picked the 1st weekend in Feb and it turned out to be Groundhog's Day.
It was a fabulous wedding though! So fun!!! We danced our butts off and had lots of fun.

Anyhoo, so Saturday is our anniversary, but now we have a surprise guest staying at least a portion of the weekend so I'm not sure what we'll do. Luckily, though, way back in September, I had bought us tickets for Jan 31st showing of Cirque du Soleil's show Corteo. So we decided to pretend that last night was our anniversary just in case family stuff takes precedence on Saturday.
Cirque is particular fun for me to watch because it was an effort created in part by Guy Laliberte and started in my hometown of Montreal. I never saw any Cirque shows when I was growing up in Montreal, but now I've seen about 7 different shows. Corteo was awesome and we had front row seats, nothing between us and the stage! The only bad part was all the dry ice...I sounded like one of Marge Simpson's sisters this morning, when I got up! But it was a truly fantastic show. I definitely missed my hometown a little...sniff...

1 comment:

Iris said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you guys had fun at the show.