Friday, February 15, 2008

Snow Day!





Today was a very exciting day for me and the girls. We went to Julian with some friends to see the snow, which was a first for Lola and Elise. Lola is positively in love with snow, even before actually seeing it. She talks endlessly about making snow angels and building snowmen. The first thing she and her friends did when they got into Julian was pelt each other with snowballs!

The drive up was a bit rough at the end, say the last 20 miles or so, because Elise cried a bunch. The roads were winding and a bit slushy so I was trying to concentrate a lot, but it's tough when your little one is in pieces in the back seat.

But all was good once we got up there. For Lola, it was pure JOY. Unfortunately, most of my photos were ruined because I dropped my camera in the snow! Oh well, thankfully veganmomma got lots of great shots!

Elise didn't care for the snow too much, but she had a good time in the restaurant for lunch. She loved eating her beans and mashed sweet potato with tortilla chips, next to her little buddy R.

On the way home, both girls finally fell asleep and stayed asleep for the rest of the afternoon. Even after we got home, I brought them inside from their car seats to the bed and they slept for at least another 1.5 hours after that.

1 comment:

veganmomma said...

Wow, those are some serious nappers. Mine were up and at em as soon as we got home. I enjoyed my peaceful drive though:)
So is your camera ruined?