Friday, February 1, 2008

OMG! I get to blog! Could it be???



No WAY!!!

Dan took Lola to dinner tonight, the baby is asleep and I find myself alone in the house with a very unfamiliar sound...or should I say, lack of sound. Could it really be???? Silence? I must be dreaming. I probably only have about 5 minutes and I don't know how to sum up a week's worth of events in 5 min., but I'll start at the beginning, right?
So, last Friday Lola had a gymnastics recital and that was really fun to watch. Dan, his mom, Elise and I all came to watch Lola do her little gymnastics routine. There was a huge crowd and lots of acts. Earlier that evening I put Elise in the tutu that my friend Val made and she was absolutely entranced by it. She walked around the house a hundred times just giggling to herself! It was hilarious. So, Dan's mom convinced me to put her in a tutu for the recital. So the show was in one room and there was another room across the way for the performers to get ready in. Elise spent a lot of time in that room running around in her tutu, making everyone laugh and also getting on the gym mats as some older girls were trying to rehearse! I had my hands full that night!
But it was super fun and watching Lola was awesome! She is a born performer. She does a little curtsey after everything and has no shyness in front of crowds whatsoever. So different from when she was younger. People keep telling me to put her in some kind of drama class so I think I will try that...
Oh yah, near the end of the performances, Elise started getting really fussy sitting in the audience with us so I took her back to the performer's area to hang out till the show (which was almost over) was done. There was only one other person in the room at the time...a performer doing ballet, maybe about 8-9 years old. She was practicing a twirl on one foot (I'm sure there is an elegant ballet term for this spin, but I just don't know it) and started spinning really fast. Elise was FASCINATED! She started trying to "spin", but she can't twirl yet so instead she ran these little circles as tightly as she could! It was so cute!

1 comment:

Jessa said...

AW! :( This makes me so happy and sad at the same time! I'm so sad that I can't see these two turds grow up and yet I'm so glad that Lola has the personality that you thought she did. When she was younger, she screamed like a banshee and you said she was very determined, strong-willed and out-spoken. It seems like you had it nailed when she was really young and that's great! I think that "question authority" shirt really paid off...haha!

j/k
Love,
Jess