Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I'm a lucky girl...

This was totally delicious.

I tossed broccoli, cherry tomatoes and slices of garlic with some olive oil and salt. I roasted them for about 15 minutes at 375 degrees. Meanwhile, I sauteed some chard in a skillet and added the Christmas Lima beans that I bought from the Hillcrest farmers market last Sunday. I had already soaked them last night and cooked them this morning so they were ready to go, but I wanted to heat them up so I added them to the chard after it was mostly done.
I tossed all of the above together and added a mustard vinaigrette (olive oil, mustard, white wine vinegar & lemon juice).

Anyway, I'm a lucky girl because my kids eat vegetables. This was a huge hit tonight. I served Dan's with a chicken apple sausage, but the rest of us just ate it like this.

I have drastically cut back on meat/poultry comsumption but it's probably big enough for a whole other post. Suffice to say that it stands to reason that the beef I'm privvy to is probably not what is healthiest for me or the planet, for that matter. Don't even get me started on poultry.
So I have a self-imposed moratorium until I figure stuff out in this area. Until then, I'm having fun with legumes.

More on this whole subject later, this is just the skinny.

ta ta

3 comments:

Ciria said...

I've found myself cutting back on meat a lot too lately. I can't say I've quit it though! I don't think I'm ready for that ;)
I'm going to have to get more experimental with the legumes...your dinner looks totally fab!!!

veganmomma said...

Wow, that made my mouth water just thinking about it and you are a lucky mama, Athena would not have touched that. Maybe Rowan will be my veggie lover!?
I'm craving veggies now that I'm pretty much done with the flu:(

Luci said...

You've got to try this! I can't believe how well it turned out. Even Dan, who eats everything I present him but often says stuff is bland, said it was very flavorful. Huge hit here.