Thursday, January 17, 2008

Green Tomato Pie??? What?


yes, my thoughts exactly!

I was looking for recipes for green tomatoes since I had some in my CSA box recently. I wanted to know what else I could do besides fried green tomatoes and so I found this. As skeptical as I was, I gave it a try. Someone who have reviewed the recipe and had given it 4 stars, said that it was quite similar to apple pie and that the tomatoes actually taste like tart green apples in this recipe.

I happened to have some green apples on hand anyway, and not enough green tomatoes to do the recipe so I mixed it half apples and half tomatoes. It was basically an apple pie recipe so I imagine you should be able to use whatever your favorite apple pie recipe is and just substitute the apples for tomatoes or mix them together like I did.


The verdict? DEEEEE-LISH!

No comments: