Saturday, January 12, 2008

wild ride, this last 24 hours!

We are 4 for 4 as far as bad nights go, sheesh! But, let me give you the whole picture, it's been a crazy past 24 hours, mostly in a good way....
The rents stayed home with the sleeping kids, so Dan and I went out. This would be so much better with photos, hmmm. Oh well, I forgot my phone cable so I guess the photos will have to wait till Monday. Anyway, I digress. We found a really neat asian restaurant (I say "asian" because there were so many different styles represented on the menu...from thai to dim sum!). We were the only customers in there because, at 9:30 pm, it seems it was still early for New Yorkers to eat dinner on a Friday night. The place was called Incredi. The food was fantastic and the service could not have been better. The staff were so attentive, but not in that annoying way that can be sometimes! We had dim sum with sake! ha! We ate like kings and when we got our check, our server told us that he knocked off 20% for no particular reason, just because he liked us! The bill was only $50!

We decided to find a place to get a drink. No shortage of places around here! On every corner, there's an Irish pub, at least! We passed some snooty-looking clubs, but that's so not our scene so we found a small bar that looked pretty cool called Maker's. Little did we know how cool it really was! Our bartender, Chris, chatted with us all night. He was way fun and kept buying us rounds too!

All was within stumbling, er, I mean, walking distance to the apartment. When we got home, though, the girls both woke up and just would not go back to sleep. I stayed up with them all night, until about 6 am!

On another note, Elise has eaten so many crayons on this trip, I'm sure she will be pooping in technicolor soon.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I totally read that as, "The staff were so *attractive*, but not in that annoying way that can be sometimes!"

Needless to say, I was a wee bit perplexed until I reread.

Sounds like a great evening, if not a great night!

We miss you!