Thursday, January 10, 2008

Quickie update...

I'm really trying to enjoy and appreaciate this trip, but it's been tough, mainly because if Elise is not nursing, she's crying. Very few moments in between! She's really having a rough time...not quite caught up on sleep, I think. She has cried so much today, intolerant of everything. Especially restaurants! Sadly, our apartment is so small that eating in is not much of an option either. I'm trying not to stress, but it's been challenging!
Dan had to go to a couple of meetings this morning so I ventured out with both kids. Lola in a stroller and Elise in my Ergo, we just went around the corner to the grocery store. We were a sight! People stared at our little mini-circus and I even got a comment from a guy that my 4 year old was way too old to be in a stroller! Huh! Imagine that, the city that has seen it all was quite perplexed with our little spectacle. One woman on the street said I looked like "an indiginous (sp?) person"! Ha!
We found a cool playground today and Lola had a blast there.
Both kids are asleep now and we are chilling with the rents. More tomorrow...we are planning to hit some hot shopping areas like soho and canal street.

3 comments:

veganmomma said...

Aw, the joys of traveling with small children...I'm sure you will manage to have some fun, but I know it is hard. I once traveled with athena while pg with rowan and vowed never to do it again! but i have since then it was just that hard.

Luci said...

I know, I feel so bad complaining when I have such a great chance here...I'm sure tomorrow will be better. Elise, so far, is sleeping hard tonight for the first time since we left so cal. She must have been super tired.

Jessa said...

It's your world too! You do what you gotta and if somebody says something rude to you, please let them know that you're Canadian...French Canadian.

Thank you,
Your friend, the American