Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Resolutions, Yaaaay or Naaaay?

Holy crap, I haven't blogged in a long time. There. Had to get that out first...now on to the subject at hand....

Resolutions! I've never done them before, although I do remember having to write some as a kid in school for some kind of assignment. I also remember that the resolutions were completely forgotton about as soon as my pen left the paper. So, would you say that to make a resolution(s) is an unrealistic aspiration? Are we doomed to forget all about our goals and hopes as soon as the novelty of the New Year is over? I'm thinking, yeah. Probably. But does that necessarily mean it's a bad idea? Why not write them, I say? Can't hurt! Maybe it's actually a good thing to define and clarify what your goals are based on your reflection of the past year. By defining the areas that need change and improvement, we can then reprioritize our time, money, attention, whatever. There ALWAYS room for improvement, right?
So this year I resolve to resolve! Ha!

1. Treat my body more respectfully. Feed it healthy food in healthy quantities. Excercise it.
2. Treat my mind and my heart. Air out stagnant emotions, take time for myself.

The common theme here, as you can see, is balance. Something that is seriously lacking in my life right now. But I'm hoping that with by achieving more balance via these 2 resolutions, I can thwart these unhealthy and unsightly negative habits that I've developed lately. Specifically, overeating, spending too much time at the computer and losing patience so quickly with Lola.
My wise acupuncturist/midwife/all around pal told me how important it was to encourage circulation in the body, both emotinally and physically. I don't pretend to understand Chinese Medicine or Qi, but I do see how the Chinese have a beautiful way of explaining balance and the symbolism is not only graceful, but incredibly logical. Spot on. It's amazing. Something I would definitely love to know more about.

In my very first attempt at the resolutions, I got acupuncture yesterday for the first time! Yes, the needles pinch a bit, but nothing that I couldn't handle. But how I felt afterwards made it so worth every little pinch and then some. I came out feeling goooooood. Completely relaxed. So relaxed, I wondered if I should have even been driving!

Then, in my second attempt at my resolutions, I got a haircut. This could feasibly be a WHOLE other post. I'm going to give you the short version (no pun intended).....BUTCHERED! ha! I kept asking the stylist to fix the area on the left side, because looking in the mirror, I could see clearly that the sides weren't even. Not in length or texture. The right side was shorter and very layered, the left side was longer and bluntly cut. It made the left side look huge. After she made several attempts to fix it, I decided it was good enough so I went home. Once I got home, I saw the cut in it's entirety and it was entirely awful! I tried to fix it myself, but couldn't get the back so I called my friend over today and she fixed it for me. It's actually pretty cute now, but way shorter than I had intended on going! That's ok. Secretly, I really wanted short hair anyway, but I thought I would make it gradually. Nope! ha ha! Anyway, all's well and I like it now.

2 comments:

erika_deanne said...

your funny! and amazing! and you make me thankful that my hairstylist is my sister! But I'm glad you got it fixed... Happy New year to all of you!

Jessa said...

Luci--Your writing is getting better via your blogging! Keep it up!
Send pics of the new do!

;)