Friday, January 11, 2008

Ok, I'm trying really hard not to complain, but...

Another rough night for us. Elise woke up twice, once for 1.5 hours and the other for 45 min. It took me bouncing her on my back in the ergo while watching tv at 3 am to get her to go back to sleep. She has been quite miserable this whole trip. Then, Lola woke up at 4:30 am vomiting. I don't know what happened there. She is fine today and hasn't puked again.
It's raining today so we were going to hit the Children's Museum of Art, but it took us all so long to get ready, with Elise crying all morning, I finally just put her down for a nap instead. So we are going to be in the apartment for most of the day, it looks like. Dan is in meetings today and my folks just took off exploring. I'm going to try to nap on the couch, if Lola will let me. I'm way sleep-deprived at this point. I'm beginning to wish we never came. So far, it doesn't seem worth all the grief. I haven't even seen anything yet and we've been here since Wednesday!

I'm sure it will get much better. The weekend should be nice and at least Dan will be free so we can go to Central Park and the Natural History Museum.

off to rest!

No comments: