Friday, January 11, 2008

mind over matter

No sooner than when I wrote my last post that the energy in this apartment totally changed for the better. Elise woke up from a long nap in a great mood and has been happy ever since! Even Lola is calm and minding. I spent the afternoon coloring and playing with the girls (I didn't have a key, everyone took off with a key and left me with none! the doors here automatically lock behind you so there was no way to leave without a key!), but that's ok because, not only was it totally rainy, but I think the girls and I needed a calm day of just recharging. We napped and played and everyone was happy again. Dan got home from his meeting around 4 pm and we took the girls for a nice walk. We found the coolest restaurant so far. It caters to kids too, which makes it that much more awesome. Kid-friendly restaurants have, so far, been proven to be a rare find around here. Maybe it's just this neighborhood

Tonight the rents are going to stay in while Dan and I go out. The girls will be asleep before we leave. We are just going as far as we can by foot, so close enough to come back quickly if we have to. Some sushi and sake 'sans enfants' sounds good to me.

More later!

2 comments:

veganmomma said...

Yay, I was going to suggest you guys take it easy for a day and catch up on sleep, you must have got my telepathic message.
My friends who live in brooklyn say park slope is the hip family area. I'm guessing you are no where near there!

Elaine said...

YAY! I was getting really worried about you all.

How long are you there? We miss you. Come home. We'll let you all sleep. ;)