Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Babies, babies and more babies!

I can't believe all the babies that are in our lives right now! A good friend of mine is having a baby early tomorrow a.m. (a scheduled induction) and we are watching their son for the next day or two. He is the same age as Lola, only 13 days apart, and they have played together since they were 6 months old. Lola just loves him to death. They play together so nicely, but it was a bit awkward putting them to bed since we decided to try them out in bed together tonight. We've vacationed with this family before, but the parents were always there so we've always done the "separate" quarters thing. This is the first time they've bunked together. It worked out pretty well, actually! We thought it would be a huge play-fest and neither would get any sleep, but we waited until we could see that they were both drowsy before we put them down. They were asleep within minutes! It's still early so I won't claim this to be a complete success yet, but so far so good. I'm bringing all 3 kids to playgroup tomorrow so that will be the big test for me. I'm sure it will be fine though, if I didn't think so, I wouldn't do it, believe me! Dan will take Lola and her friend to Shakey's for dinner later tomorrow night so I can get a break. It's all good!

MORE awesome news!!!! Dan's cousin is having a baby! I'm so excited for her. So now Dan's brother and his wife are about 6 months along and his cousin is about 3 months along! Man, we thought Lola and Elise would be cousin-less FOREVER so it's really nice to see new babies in this family!!!! I'm so happy for both, they will be really loved!

No comments: