Friday, November 9, 2007

Muffin Tops and Pancakes....

This morning, as I'm getting dressed to go to playgroup, I noticed my butt in the mirror. It's a view that I've been intentionally avoiding because it would force me to confront all this weight gain that's been happening...I knew the weight gain was happening, but I wasn't paying attention to where it was going. Well, today I faced the stark reality. It's all over my mid-section. I knew I had a pot belly, I have always had that, but the size of the muffin-top that literally pours out from the top of my pants?????????? Oh my Lord, I had no idea it was that bad!
What seems to have come hand-in-hand with the muffin-top is something that I have dubbed "pancake butt". Round (not in the sexy j-lo way, but more like circumference), wide and FLAT. It's no wonder why all my pants keep falling down. I thought my pants were just too big, yet, for some reason, I couldn't fit into anything smaller.

UGH!!! This is not a good feeling at all. Feeling yucky about yourself is really not a good feeling. Well, I need to stop all this pitying and get myself to the gym....
Muffin Tops and Pancake Butts won't go away by themselves. It's a shame, though.

2 comments:

veganmomma said...

I thought you were describing my butt! I was just trying to come up with an analogy today and I said like a pizza box, and the other moms were like, HUH? But I knew what I meant, flat and wide!!! I think you look great but I know that isn't what matters, do you like hiking? We could meet with the babies sometime when the girls are in school.

Jessa said...

Oh that's just thirty-something tucus. I realized that mine changed the other day when I thought I'd lost weight but realized that my ass just shifted and made more room...