Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Plight of the Gingerbread Man


Today we made gingerbread men. They are vegan and whole wheat, if you can believe it. The recipe I used was totally conventional, but I just substituted willy nilly and they came out pretty yummy, I thought. If they're any good, they'll get posted to my recipes section...ummm... eventually. I'm already 2 recipes behind, this will be number 3!

We had a few casualties in my first batch...I left them in the oven too long and the backs burned a bit. The second batch came out much better. We're bringing them to playgroup tomorrow so I can get some taste testers! You lucky playgroup, you....!

Oh yah, and as you can see, we didn't do any faces or cute outfits on them. We just used naturally colored sugar sprinkles. Sorry it's not more exciting than that, but we were running late for Lola's ballet class.

1 comment:

veganmomma said...

Yay for gingerbread people.