Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Day of Bonked Heads and Spilled Lemonade....

Man, I feel horrible. I took the girls over to the Verizon store after playgroup today because my phone is about to die. Lola was all wired up from playing, so as I'm talking to the store rep, she is bouncing around the teeny, tiny store. She attempted to run outside, but tripped on my heel and fell. Her head hit the corner of the metal door frame and there was a very loud THUD. My heart was in my throat!! A few people came over to see if she was ok (it was really that loud) and she was screaming. Someone suggested I take her over to nearby Schlotsky's and get some ice for her head so we did that. I was so scared she had a concussion or something.
At Schlotsky's she started to calm down a bit so I thought I would order some lunch for us while we were there anyway. While we were waiting, Lola spilled her lemonade all over the table and floor. She was still really upset over hitting her head so this pushed her over the edge. The poor thing just completely melted down. I felt so bad for her! All this trauma in the span of like 10 minutes. We've been home for almost a couple of hours now and she does seem fine. One of the passersby told me to be on the lookout for symptoms of a concussion so I've been watching, but she is totally back to her high-energy self, it seems.

No comments: