Thursday, November 15, 2007

Welcome to the World, Sofia!


My friend had her baby today! I'm so excited for them! She was born at 6:05 pm, weighing in at 6 lbs, 14 oz. Good times!

I am watching their older son while they are at the hospital. He is Lola's age.
I took all 3 kids to playgroup today. That was actually much less stressful than I thought it would be. Sooooo much better then keeping them home all day!
My friend's son did seem a bit sad/serious/pensive today though...you could tell he missed his folks. After playgroup, we came home and another friend came over with her son, K. All 3 kids were playing so well together and the baby was asleep so I ended up babysitting him for a couple of hours also.
During that couple of hours, the kids were all playing upstairs when K took a dowel that was on the window sill and proceeded to smash the walls. There are about 10-15 deep divets in 2 of the walls upstairs that will need to be patched. I couldn't believe it! I heard some banging and kept asking them to stop whatever they were doing, but I didn't actually go upstairs until about the 3rd time. I didn't think there was anything up there that could cause any real damage, not even thinking of the dowels on the window sills. I never imagined that anyone would do that!
There's nothing else in that room except for a couch and a small table. I just assumed that they were throwing toys of the couch! Anyway!
When Dan came home from work, he took all the kids (except Elise) to Shakeys for a few hours, which gave me a bit of a break!

No comments: