Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Blast From the Past...

Today, I got an email and the subject line was something to the effect of "Are you the same Luci that lived here 12 years ago?". I was intrigued, but didn't recognize the name of the sender...I thought it had to be ligit, though, because she named the town that I really was living in at the time and it's a rather small town. Turns out to be an old roommate of mine when I was living in an apartment back in '95 or so...barely 21 yrs old, I think! I remember because she was a year younger than me and we had trouble getting into bars! ha!
My memory is not what it used to be, but once it kicked in, I was flooded with memories from that time period. We probably only lived together about 6 months, but it was a wild ride! We were both flying by the seat of pants back then and a lot of crazy stuff happened. And it brings back memories of a time period where, yes, we had a lot of fun, but also there are things that I did my careless youth that I'm not particularly proud of. She had nothing to do with those darker memories, it's just that I can't help thinking of those when thinking of her since they occured in about the same time period.
Anyway, all this to say that it looks like we've both come such a long way since then. She has 4 kids and looks fantastic and very happy. We are both wives and moms now! And we are happy! Who know we'd get here one day? Certainly not us! ha ha!
I'm thrilled that we have reconnected, I hope we establish a new, stronger friendship, even though she lives pretty far away now. What an amazing thing the internet is!

1 comment:

veganmomma said...

That is exciting. I remember right after Athena was born, one of my good friends from high school found me. She was a mom too, a complete shocker since the 2 of us were less than responsible during the years we hung out together. Anyway, we got together a few times, but I wish we talked more often. Maybe you will be better at it!