Friday, November 30, 2007

Miscellaneous stuff...

I feel good tonight. I had a really nice day with my daughters and I didn't think that was going to happen so it was a pleasant surprise. I only had 6 hours sleep last night, tops, so I thought I would be irritable and mean (ha! isn't that nice?). Lola can totally feel my irritibility and we just end up getting started on the wrong foot. But I think because of my playgroup and all the positive energy I get from my group of friends, it really paved the direction of the rest of the day for me. My girls had so much fun and there was nary a tear in sight. I feel so lucky to be a part of this network of moms.
Lola is really learning how sharing works and how to take turns with friends. This has been my biggest challenge when it comes to her playing in groups. She's a sensitive girl and immediately breaks down into tears when she wants to play with something that someone is having a turn with. There's been a dozen or so instances where I've tried to show her how to approach the situation calmly and ask the child (playing with the coveted toy) to please let her have the toy after he/she is finished playing with it. Today she actually did it calmly, tear-free and without much involvement from us moms. No break-downs, she patiently waited for whatever toy it was to be her turn. NICE!!!!
Elise was full of smiles and cuteness. This lasted ALL DAY. She's been out of sorts for a week or so...it was really nice to have the happy, mellow baby that I've grown accustomed to back. Even if it was just for today, it was still a pleasant break.

good times!

No comments: