Wednesday, November 7, 2007

They're growing up...sniff....!

I've never dreaded a birthday for myself, but for some reason, I am really emotional about Elise's first birthday. Just writing about it is making the tears well up in my eyes! I don't know why....maybe because we probably won't have more kids (fingers crossed there will be one more on the horizon, but the chances are slim...this is a whole other subject!)?
Or maybe because this year just went by so fast, I feel like a missed a chunk of her baby-ness...

It doesn't help that Lola is like a miniature adult. She called her Grandma today and I just could not believe the extent of their dialogue. I usually have to prompt her answers because she won't say much on the phone, but today she was chatty cathy and had all kinds of funny responses and clever lines. After hanging up, she asked me to redial Grandma's number because she had forgotten to tell her something:

Lola: Grandma, I forgot to tell you something!
Grandma: What is it, Lolita?
Lola: I very, very love you!

ME (in the background): AWWWWWWW!

Man, how sweet is that?

1 comment:

veganmomma said...

I think I'll be teary when Rowan nears 1, just thinking about him being my last baby:(, Lola is too cute. I have to play the "I love you" game now because of her. "Do you love me this much", "this much", "THIS MUCH!" very cool.